photo credit :: Lilacs :: Robin :: Baker Creek :: Planting :: Eggs :: Kite flying :: Sugaring :: Starting Seeds
Category: Round up
There are so many great organizational pieces out there on Etsy that it’s hard to limit myself to just a few. If only had an unlimited supply of money from which to furnish my studio. Check out my full treasury here
While considering what I want and need in a studio, I have come across a number of inspiring work spaces. Here are a few.
Follow The Fiber Nest’s board Studio Envy on Pinterest.
A Winter Manifesto
1. Make mini gingerbread houses 2. Make Fire Cider 3. Make a snowflake curtain 4. Hand write letters 5. Read by the fire 6. Go sledding 7. See the ice flows on Lake Michigan 8. Roast chestnuts Photo credits: snowflake, “Winter”
Hello March . . .
March is has got to be my least favorite month of the year. It is a time of restless cabin fever, with temperatures changing from bitter cold to warm, to cold again. This is the time of year when I feel the most restless. I become discontent. I dream of traveling. I start to set lofty goals and then rearranging the furniture, as my frustration builds. My skin starts to crawl and I want to climb the walls. I am so ready to feel warmth as the sun touches my skin. Thankfully there are a few things to look forward to as March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb.
Some things I’m looking forward to . . .
March 1: my 34th birthday
March 11: the 10th birthday for my favorite girl
March 20: the first day of SPRING!
photo credits: sprinkle bakes, le luxe detre soi, jay harrison, bird chick, jon fowler, live lighter, & make peace arts
Hello February . . .
“One month is past, another is begun,
Since merry bells rang out the dying year,
And buds of rarest green began to peer,As if impatient for a warmer sun;
And though the distant hills are bleak and dun,
The virgin snowdrop like a lambert fire,
Pierces the cold earth with its green-streaked spire
And in dark woods, the wandering little one
May find a primrose.”
February 1st, 1842
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Some things I am looking forward to . . .
February 7 – 23: 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi Russia
February 14: Valentine’s Day
February 21 – March 4: Fur Rondy & The Iditarod (March 1)
 ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  :: photo credits : french knot, lark & linen, style me pretty, fanci taste, counting stone sheep, Design Sponge, Puppy chow
Seasons in life ebb & flow with the seasons of the year. Every month the Earth shares with us gifts that are unique to it’s location as it makes it’s way around our sun. In the past, I lived my life in a way that allowed me to notice , treasure, and share these gifts with others. However, in more recent years, I’ve been busier, and often distracted with worry. I have longed to experience again the joy that is found in the everyday gifts of the seasons.
In 2014, I am determined to live slower, to celebrate the beauty that surrounds me, and to to experience the wonders of each month.
To honor this choice, and to make my goal more tangible, I want to begin each month with a round up of my favorite things for the month. I hope that these posts will also inspire you to live each day to the fullest, and to taking advantage of all the gifts our seasons have to offer.
Things I’m looking forward to . . .
January 1: a visit from a very special friend
January 8: my favorite boy turns 9!
January 11: sledding & snowball fights
What is your favorite thing about January?
Round Up: Fingerless Mittens
1. Kumara Arm Warmers by Laura Zukaite
2. Elf clobber by schnuddel Kerstin (Variation)
3. Mitaines Rainbow by Elise Dupont
4. Gillean Wrist Warmers by Karina Westermann
5. Catching butterflies by Tiny Owl Knits
6. Reversible Fingerless Gloves by Kyoko Nakayoshi
Round Up: Costumes
1. Unicorn Hat by Brittany Tyler
2. Witchy Hands by Lion Brand Yarn
3. Incognito by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark
4. Ahoy Hat by Elizabeth Mautz-Redmann
5. Little Red by Erika Flory
6. Wear the wild things are HAT by tiny owl knits
7. Elven Hero by Audry Nicklin (I’m thinking Link from Zelda!)
8. Knitted Mask by Jennifer Hansenclose
9. Knit Angry Birds Halloween Bag by Crafts by Starlight
Round Up: Back to School
1. Aemelia Book Cover by Franklin Habit
2. French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi
3. George Sand by Katie Rose Pryal
4. Stadium Blanket by Allyson Dykhuizen
5. Sea Anemone Messenger Bag by Mel Clark
6. Lots of coffee beans by shika
7. Winter Ear Warmer by Elisa McLaughlin
8. Pencil Case by Doodlenoodle
9. Boutique Laptop Sleeve by Rachael Oglesby