What is color scouting?
Color Scouting: Indian Corn
Color Scouting: Pumpkin Patch
Color Scouting: Cortland
Journal Page: Autumn
Round Up: Back to School
1. Aemelia Book Cover by Franklin Habit
2. French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi
3. George Sand by Katie Rose Pryal
4. Stadium Blanket by Allyson Dykhuizen
5. Sea Anemone Messenger Bag by Mel Clark
6. Lots of coffee beans by shika
7. Winter Ear Warmer by Elisa McLaughlin
8. Pencil Case by Doodlenoodle
9. Boutique Laptop Sleeve by Rachael Oglesby
A Bucket List For Autumn
This time of year usually finds me in a panic as I try to squeeze in just one last visit to the beach, one more visit to our favorite ice cream shop & one last camping trip before the air turns cold. Summer always seems to slip by me so quickly that when September rolls around, I am taken by surprise. Knowing that it will be many months before it is warm enough to swim in the lake again is always a hard fact for me to swallow.
So in an effort to stop and enjoy the season we are in right now, I’ve compiled a list of all the things that I LOVE about autumn and look forward to in the coming weeks.
1. Watch Notre Dame Football games at Poppy & Grammy’s
2. Make homemade caramels ~ yum!
3. Pick apples
4. Evening bonfires
6. Rake up leaves & play in the pile
7. Make mulled cider
8. Go to the pumpkin patch
9. Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes
10. Go on a hike & snuggle in the woods
11. Make caramel apples
12. Burn my Spiced Pumpkin candle
What do you enjoy most about Autumn?
As the weather here is turning colder, and the leaves begin to show their brilliant display, I find that I am once again feeling a draw towards my knitting. Don’t get me wrong. I do knit year around of course – but once fall comes around, I find it easier and easier to spend my entire day needles in hand. This can cause a problem for the amount of house work that then accumulates around me. Today for instance, I was going to focus getting all the laundry finished, and all or our floors cleaned. However, once I started looking at fall knit-ware, I was unable to pull myself away. Can you blame me? Take a look at some of the inspiring & fun knitting patterns I found.