1. Kumara Arm Warmers by Laura Zukaite
2. Elf clobber by schnuddel Kerstin (Variation)
3. Mitaines Rainbow by Elise Dupont
4. Gillean Wrist Warmers by Karina Westermann
5. Catching butterflies by Tiny Owl Knits
6. Reversible Fingerless Gloves by Kyoko Nakayoshi
Over the holidays my husband and I went to go see The Hobbit. It had been far too long since the 2 of us went to see a good movie & I LOVED every minute of it. Just as in The Lord of the Rings everything about the film was great. It pulled me in, sparked my imagination, and of all things, inspired me to knit! The costumes in this movie were fabulously hand knit. I left the theater with about 4 new knitting patterns swimming in my head. I hope to complete these 4 designs and create a series of patterns from The Hobbit. The first pattern is for a pair of fingerless mittens that Ori the dwarf wears. The pattern can be purchased here.