I have never done a KAL before, but it is something that I’ve been thinking of doing. I saw that Stephen West is launching a series of new patterns with KAL & thought I’d join in the fun.
The first KAL begins on Friday 2/8/13 & will be the Kvosin hat. With poor old winter knocking at my door, I decided that I needed to make myself a new warmer hat. This will be just the one. I love the combination of texture & colors. I also love that it is constructed sideways. I’ve always knitted hats in the round, & I love having the opportunity to break out of that box!
I’ve chosen my yarn for the project. I’m going to be using The Rocking Yak’s 100% Yak Down yarns in natural brown, cream, indigo, plant dyed yellow, & plant dyed green. I can’t wait to get started. Let me know if you decide to join us!
With snow covering the ground, I have been spending more time with my needles in hand. I’ve enjoyed creating a collection of patterns & designs that have inspired my winter knitting. What has inspired your knitting this season?
1. Heliconian by Pam Powers
3. Thrummed Mittens by Helene Driesen
4. Montera Embroidered Button Jacket by Pam Allen
5. Seed Stitch Tall Cowl by Diana at Knit & Bake
6. Shades of Winter by Ewa K. Andinsson & Ingalill Johansson
8. Small & Clever by Pickles
9. Cottage Sock Slippers by Lion Brand Yarns
10. Bird House by Marie Claire *french pattern
11. Malabrigo Loafers by Julie Weisenberger
12. Bulky Hat by Eveli Kaur